Your first relationship is with yourself and it’s the foundation to building relationships with others. Loving yourself enables you to live in alignment with your values and to make healthy choices in your everyday decisions. Confidence, self-respect, self-worth, and self-love are all interconnected. As we deepen in love for ourselves, we can deepen the love we share with others.
On this week’s posting, let’s explore the 10 Steps to Love Yourself Better:
1. Avoid criticizing yourself
2. Forgive yourself
3. Do what makes you happy but don’t overindulge
4. Take good care of your body and spoil yourself
5. Surround yourself with a good support system
6. Give yourself a pep talk when you are down
7. Stand up for yourself and have boundaries
8. Celebrate all achievements be it big or small
9.Appreciate the little things
10. Be mindful of your actions and thoughts
All the best on the journey of self-love. You are now one step closer to being the best version of yourself.
Adapted from: A Seven-Step Prescription for Self-Love. Psychology Today.